Monday, January 15, 2007

So, I opened a blog.

Hello to any readers that might be visiting. I'm sure that interesting facts will pass your screen every day, only to be disturbed by the cruel reality we call spam, ignored by the 98%-junkfilter in your mind and twisted by those people on the internet we call users. C'est la vie.

I would like to welcome you to my blog for 3 reasons. First, your presence here and the fact you are reading this demands that I officially welcome you according to what I'd like to call "social behaviour". I'll have to explain that first. What is called social behaviour nowadays is not the same as what I call social behaviour. I consider the lack of asocial aspects, or just a limited number of them, no ground to call anyone social. For that matter, being asocial at times can be fun and makes us human.

Secondly, I appreciate the fact that you're still reading this. I decided to take a hand at writing a blog again. Yes, I'm an ex-ex-blogger.. and took a hand at LJ-ing for some time. That, I found to be very ennervating. Much too personal, much too much whining, far too much time put into updating three times a day to keep in the top 5 posts of your friends' friends list. Time that you could have spent actually talking with these friends. But, I wanted a more swift outlet for my creative side than the ones I've tried so far. I liked writing comics, but it's so sad I can't draw them, myself.

My third reason to welcome you, however, is because I want you to be welcome. That is my way. Welcome to those who want to be welcome, them they don't like me: leave me alone. There we go.

Up goes the blog then.

No comments: