Tuesday, May 8, 2007

"Blast Maxine Nahman!"

It has been blogged about before, a few months ago, but I think this needs a little extra attention. Why? Basically, because I feel the need to rant about it.

Maxine Nahman sends out mails, somewhat sollicited (I guess most victims would be SEO-marketeers) but very frequently and very annoying. The trouble started for me when I used a search engine submit tool that automatically gets you into a ton of mailing lists too. No problem there, most of the newsletter even have something interesting to report upon occassion. This one is the exception: "Maxine Nahman", or whoever is behind it, sends out a lot of mails with titles like: "Blast your ads!", "Guaranteed Traffid" and "Get google ads free!"

I read the latter one and even clicked the link that came with it only to read more self-declared praise and (probably fake) references about how great her "secret" was that allowed her to use google adwords without paying for it. She claimed this to be legal and claimed she wanted you to become part of her "secret". I'll spare you the number of times she repeated this, but it was a lot. In the end, of course, it boiled down to "pay me this and I'll let you in on it". I figured as much and did not, but I imagine people have fallen for this trick and paid money for this "secret". I doubt that any such thing would exist, and even more: I doubt it'd be legal and then remain unfixed by google. There was more that turned the improbability into impossibility, but I'll spare you that also. If you want, I'll forward the mail to you, so you can read it for yourself. After all, I have plenty of mails to spare.

Anyway, my call to other victims of Nahman - could we in some way join forces and get this guy/girl off the web?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the more hilarious that a Google Search for her name brings up your blog. That's some SEO secret she's got huh?

   Wesley Hollander said...

She, or I?

SexyTeen said...

lol thats kinda funny i know what ya mean..

Anonymous said...

I'm also recieving mails from Maxine Nahman and it's so annoying. I also got the mails after I signed up on a lot of searchengines with a tool, so maybe it's the tool, or one of the searchengines.. I don't know.
But: DOWN WITH MAXINE NAHMAN!

I've created a rule in outlook, so it automaticly deletes all messages from Maxine Nahman.

Anonymous said...

It's Jayde, the search engine. I started getting all of these when I signed up and submitted sites to them.

See the following for more details.
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=78722

If you're getting emails from our friend Maxine odds are you're also getting some from her compatriots.
In which case I strongly advise in your email filters to block the following assholes:

joe goldsmith
Karen Weir
frank heath
Burrell Cross
Ken Wright
paul stanton
Kevin Mc Nabb
eric wayland
James Teresa Johnson
Maxine Nahman
Joe Goldsmith
Jim Gras
Alan Zibluk
Tom Bottenfield

These are the names of various jerks who've spammed me with various get rich quick schemes, internet and marketing "leads" and general bullshit since I signed up with Jayde - may they all burn in hell. And I hope the devil's got an especially fiendish corner put aside just for Maxine Nahman.

Alex Oliveira said...

First result at yahoo search for Maxine Nahman:

Life and Livability: "Blast Maxine Nahman!"
Maxine Nahman sends out mails, somewhat sollicited (I guess most victims would ... This one is the exception: "Maxine Nahman", or whoever is behind it, sends out a ...
livability.blogspot.com/2007/05/blast-maxine-nahman.html

(that's how I got here)

Wow! I guess you've learned some superpowerful get-rich-fast-legal-loophole-secrets! Are they for sale? :D

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!